Google changed how it shows the previews of the things we search. The previews only contain roughly 160 characters. Some previews, however, break this rule and display almost double that. Wikipedia seems to be one of the exceptions and gets over 300 characters in its previews. These previews are called meta descriptions. If meta descriptions are not available for a site google will load a preview for it. If your meta descriptions is to long it will be shortened with an ellipsis.
- The ultimate content marketing stack: 27 essential resources
- Study Claims Instagram Engagement Has Been in Decline Since May via @MattGSouthern
- How to Improve Your Search Discoverability & Boost Lead Volume via @brentcsutoras
- DigitalMarketer’s New Funnel Strategy That Increased Trials by 700%
- 6 Tips You Need to Get SEM Forecasting Right via @bigalittlea
About This Site
Organic traffic campaigns for websites, blogs, Facebook, and Twitter.