Google changed how it shows the previews of the things we search. The previews only contain roughly 160 characters. Some previews, however, break this rule and display almost double that. Wikipedia seems to be one of the exceptions and gets over 300 characters in its previews. These previews are called meta descriptions. If meta descriptions are not available for a site google will load a preview for it. If your meta descriptions is to long it will be shortened with an ellipsis.
- How to Help Your Content Team to Have Better Ideas by @BrockbankJames
- How to Spy on Competitors with Python & Data Studio by @seocounseling
- I Want To Rank Beyond My Location: A Guide to How This Works
- What does a copywriter do? The B2B content marketing guide 
- Google: SEO Contests Are Useless and Should Be Ignored by @MattGSouthern
About This Site
Organic traffic campaigns for websites, blogs, Facebook, and Twitter.